LMUD at a Glance
- Established: 1988
- Meters Served: 10,500
- Number of Employees: 38
- Miles of Distribution: 425
- Miles of 60kV Transmission: 80
- Service Territory: 1,933 square miles
- Substations: 9 (60/4kV, 60/12.4kV and 60/14.4kV)
- Board Meeting: Fourth Tuesday @ 5:30 p.m.
Voters created Lassen Municipal Utility District in November 1986. Prior to this vote, the Lassen District received electric service from CP National Corporation (CPN). On May 10, 1988, LMUD acquired electrical facilities from CP National.
Lassen Municipal Utility District’s mission is to provide a superior level of service to our customers while providing reliable electric service at a reasonable price. We will perpetuate a long term business relationship in Lassen County by remaining a good corporate entity in the communities we serve and by maintaining a skilled workforce by providing a safe work environment and fair compensation.