Transfer Service

If you are moving within the Lassen Municipal Utility District (LMUD) service area and need to transfer your electric service please see below:

Required Information

Please include the following information in all correspondence:

  • Type of service: Transfer
  • Customer name
  • Customer number
  • Current address
  • Date to disconnect service
  • New address
  • Date to connect service
  • New mailing address (if different from street address)

LMUD requires proof of property ownership or a completed, signed, valid copy of the rental or lease agreement for the property where electric service is being requested.

LMUD can generally provide next-day service if arrangements are made before 4 p.m. However, to assure that your service is connected when you need it, please make arrangements several days ahead.

All past due balances must be paid before new service can be provided – a new deposit may also be required if payment history does not meet LMUD requirements. Additional deposit may be required if historical usage at your new service exceeds your current service.

The date to disconnect service at your present address and the date to begin service at your new address need not be the same.