This schedule is applicable on a first-come, first-served basis up to a total of 5% of LMUD’s aggregate customer peak load as of the end of the previous fiscal year. This schedule is available to residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural customers where a part or all of the electrical requirements of the customer can be supplied from a solar or wind power production source owned and operated by the customer (customer-generator). Customer-generators must currently be receiving service (or be eligible for service) under LMUD’s rate schedules 1010, 1011, 1020, 1021, 1023, 1024, 1025, 1026, 1030, and 1070, or their successors.
The solar or wind generation source must:
- Not exceed a capacity of one megawatt
- Be located on the customer-generator's premises
- Be connected for parallel operation with LMUD’s distribution facilities
- Be intended for the sole purpose of offsetting a part or all of the customer-generator's own electrical requirements. In no case shall the power or energy generated by the customer-owned solar or wind source be available for resale, except as specified under this Schedule.
Additional terms and conditions for service, including terms of interconnection and parallel operation, are specified in a customer-specific Interconnection and Purchase Agreement for Net Energy Metering, a copy of which is available at the LMUD office or on our web site. The form of this contract may change from time to time.
This service is available throughout LMUD's entire service area where the retail electric services of LMUD:
- Are available
- Are of adequate capacity to serve
- Are adjacent to the premises
Applicability of this tariff does not extend to customers whose solar or wind power source exceeds one megawatt.