Lassen Municipal Utility District (LMUD) requires an Application for Service to be completed for every new commercial or industrial project. If you are planning to replace or upgrade your existing electrical panel, please complete this application as well.
A complete set of construction plans must accompany your application. Plans should include all electrical load information and an overall site plan that shows existing utility routes. Also, included in the application is an Electric Load Planning Sheet. It is important that this form be filled out as completely as possible with all the electrical equipment that your project will utilize. This information helps us to provide your project with the most compatible electric supply . If you are unfamiliar with electric terminology, we suggest that a qualified electrician, architect, or engineer help complete the form.
Requirements & Application
Line Extension Policy & Fees
- Single-family residential (400 amp panel or less)
- Multi-family residential (200 amp termination section or less)
- Small commercial (200 amp termination section or less)
- All panel installations larger than those listed and/or installations requiring materials other than LMUD’S standard installation materials will require a separate material cost to be prepared.
- All overhead secondary and/or service overhead connections requiring transformer installations shall, in addition to the below charges, be charged for equipment and labor.
- Single-phase: $14 per circuit foot
- Three-phase: $15 per circuit foot
- Single-phase: $6 per circuit foot
- Three-phase: $6 per circuit foot
- Service drop and connection:
- Single-phase: $165 flat fee
- Three-phase: $165 flat fee
Temporary service connection: $350 flat fee
- Single-phase: $16 per circuit foot
- Three-phase: $19 per circuit foot
- Single-phase: $7.50 per circuit foot
- Three-phase: $7.50 per circuit foot
- Service cable and connection:
- Single-phase: $7.50 flat fee
- Three-phase: $7.50 flat fee
Temporary service connection: $150 flat fee
- Street and area light conductor (overhead and underground): $2 per circuit foot
- Area light 100-watt: $250 flat fee
- Area light 200-watt: $275 flat fee
- Wood pole installation: $360 flat fee
Applications for new service must be accompanied by a $250 application fee. This is a non-refundable fee and will be the minimum charge for the engineering design of any new service. If the design is extensive, an additional engineering charge will be included with the cost estimate for the job. All engineering fees and estimated costs must be paid before LMUD will begin construction. Upgrades of existing service will not be charged an application fee unless it is determined that the upgrade exceeds basic improvements to existing service locations or requires extensions of the service drop. If it is determined that applications for upgrades are in fact new service applications, the $250 application fee must be paid in addition to any additional fees prior to construction by LMUD.
It is very important that you plan ahead for electrical service to your commercial or industrial project. During peak building season, please allow six to eight weeks from the time an application is received in our office to the time the design is completed and information is provided to you. Actual construction is scheduled after this time dependent on what special material or equipment that LMUD must order for your development. It is recommended that you contact the City of Susanville (visit the City of Susanville website) or Lassen County (visit the Lassen County website) building departments well in advance for their respective construction requirements.
If you have any questions, please call our New Business Representative by visiting our Contact Us page.